There are amazing moments you can experience while playing PS5 video games and with the PlayStation app, you can easily find screenshots and game clips captured on your PS5 and share them on social media. It’s a fun way to relive and commemorate your greatest achievements in gaming. Here’s how to view PS5 game captures on the PS app.
To view game captures on the PlayStation app, sign in with your PSN account, tap the Game Library icon, and select Captures.
What are game captures?
Game captures are screenshots or video clips taken during gameplay. Given the impressive graphical capabilities of the PS5, it’s only natural for players to stop and capture the moment. In fact, most PlayStation exclusives even include a dedicated photo mode to better position the camera, control environmental effects and change the stance or expression of your character. To begin, you need to:
- Once in the game, press the Share button on the DualSense controller (the small button in the upper-left of the touchpad).
- Select Take Screenshot button to capture your video game as an image.
How to take captures as videos on PS5
Similar to how to take a screenshot on PS5, for videos, you can record a video for up to 1 hour. This is how you can do it:
- In the game, press the Share button on the DualSense controller and select Start New Recoring.
- You can start playing the game when the time recording appears.
- To stop recording, press the Share button again.
Once captured, your screenshots and video clips will automatically upload from your PS5 to the cloud. After you link your console to the app, you can view them on the PS app for up to 14 days to share with friends or download them to your mobile device’s internal storage to keep for as long as you like.
How to view game captures on the PS5 app
Before you can find your game captures on the PS app, there’s a bit of set-up to do. For starters, your console needs to be linked to the PlayStation app. Your console must also be powered on or left in Rest Mode and have the Connected to the Internet setting enable to upload captures. Once that’s done, follow these steps to allow auto-uploads on your PS5.
- Navigate to Settings on the top of your TV screen
- Select Captures and Broadcasts option.
- Turn on Auto-Upload toggle.
How to download and share your captures on phone
After finishing all the seetings, now you’re good to go! Here is how to can download and shere your captures on phone.
- Open the PlayStation app on your smartphone and tap Game Library at the bottom right.
- Select Captures near the top to find your video clips and screenshots.
- Tap on the photo or video you want to shere and tap on Shere button to send your gaming moments to other PlayStation friends.
- To download your game capture, tap on the right arrow.
It’s easy as that to view your PS5 game captures on the PS app. Have fun keeping your favorite gaming moments in your pocket.
Yes, if enabled, video clips include audio from a microphone or party voice chat.
PS5 video clips must be 1920 x 1080 in resolution and up to three minutes in duration to upload to the PS app.
The feature to view PS5 game captures on the app is currently being rolled out to different regions. The feature started in Canada and Japan and has since rolled out to Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico, Brazil, Nicaragua, Panama, Chile, Paraguay, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, United States, El Salvador, Uruguay, and Guatemala. If you do not live in any of those regions, the service may not yet be available.
The PlayStation app only shows game captures from the last 14 days.