If something has gone wrong with your Xbox or one of its accessories, here’s how to contact Xbox customer support.
To contact support online, visit Xbox’s online support portal > Click on Contact Us > Fill out “What are you having trouble with?” “What’s the issue?” and “Describe your issue,” then click Next > Click See contact options > Choose the support you’d like. Note that online chat is not always an available option, depending on the type of issues you selected.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to contact Xbox customer support
You have a few options available if you want to contact Xbox customer support.
On the Xbox website
If you want to contact customer support online, here’s what to do:
- Head to support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/.
- Click on Contact us.
- In the pop-up that appears, fill out the fields for “What are you having trouble with?” “What’s the issue?” and “Describe your issue,” then click Next.
- After entering the details of your issue, you can click on See contact options.
- You will have to sign in to your Xbox account if you are not already.
- After clicking See contact options, you’ll see the support options that are available. Not all options are available for every kind of issue. In particular, online chat is not an option for some support categories.
Web chat is available Monday to Sunday, 24 hours a day.
On the phone
You can also contact Xbox customer support on the phone by calling 1-800-469-9269. Note that phone support is available Monday to Sunday from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time.
Contacting support by phone may involve long wait times. You will have to provide some information about yourself, such as your account number, name, and other details.
If you like, you can also follow the steps above on the Xbox support website, and then under See contact options, you can request a phone call.
On social networks
Another method you can try is contacting Xbox support on social media.
To contact support on Twitter, visit twitter.com/xboxsupport and click the Message icon. This account also tweets about currently known issues, so if you see it post about same problem your experiencing, you can reply to that tweet about it, too.
Online chat is not available for every type of support inquiry. If you don’t see this option, try going back and choosing a different category until it appears. Alternatively, you can request a call to speak to a live representative over the phone or call 1-800-469-9269 yourself.
You can also try speaking an automated chat support bot or messaging a fellow gamer through the community see if these options help resolve your issue.
Yes, you can use support to get help with non-hardware issues as well.